Product Management, Marketing, Product Ownership
(Preference for Vancouver, Remote Possibility)
The Product Manager will have product responsibility for Contextual Genomics liquid biopsy-based assays, including bioinformatics and clinical reporting solution. This successful candidate will develop an understanding of the competitive landscape, capture the voice of the customer, identify key portfolio/feature gaps, and craft & prioritize requirements. As a member of the marketing team embedded within the product development teams, this role will work collaboratively across multiple departments, including R&D, Marketing, Customer Success, and Leadership to ensure success in the market.
- Own and communicate the product roadmap for the liquid biopsy-based product(s) at all levels.
- Identify and drive partnership opportunities to provide customers with a comprehensive solution.
- Collect and report on metrics for success.
- Understand the general market dynamics and trends.
- Have a clear understanding of the competitive landscape, and how the products fit into it.
- Specify market requirements for current and future features/ enhancements by conducting market research and supported by ongoing discussions with customers and prospects.
- Generate and maintain high-level requirements for the development teams.
- Collaborate with the development teams to generate user stories and document user journeys.
- Create documentation per the product development process.
- Serve as the Marketing representative on the Product Core Team.
- Assist in the creation of beta-test plans and protocols, and coordinate the creation of legal agreements.
- Collect feedback from testers and convey them to the development teams.
Customer Success Enablement
- Train the support organization on product usage.
- Serve as a node in the support escalation path.
- Convey defects and usage issues back to the development teams.
- Determine the patch release/versioning approach.
- Work closely with the customer success team, providing tools & processes to ensure customers and developers have the best possible experience resolving their questions or issues.
- Possess leadership and influence qualities that enable you to drive solutions across product development teams.
- Have the ability to balance often competing for business and technical priorities to optimize product roadmap.
- Be able to communicate complex topics across diverse audiences such as scientific, technical, and business disciplines to negotiate priorities with marketing, engineering, and R&D functions.
- Possess excellent written, communication, and presentation skills, with excellent time management and people skills.
- Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences, genetics, genomics, computer science/ engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with life sciences, preferably in a product marketing/manager or engineering role.
- Experience with genomics, oncology, and/or DNA technologies is desirable.
- PhD or Masters in biological Sciences, bioinformatics, genetics, genomics, or computer science is desirable. MBA a plus.
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD029 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.