Manager, Software Development
Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A leadership position for a Manager, Software Development is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
As the Manager, Software Development you will build, lead and mentor a team of software developers. You are passionate about technology, software and people. You have experience building highly motivated software teams and track record for solving problems with creative solutions.
- Understand company strategy and objectives, to translate them into a development strategy that delivers results.
- Participate actively on multiple project teams and collaborate with internal and external team members to reach company objectives.
- Ensure work is planned, estimated, and delivered on-time and with quality.
- Accountable for maintaining high product quality and code health.
- Be an ambassador for our culture – proactively foster collaboration and cross-functional teamwork.
- Empower your team, motivate them and help them be successful.
- Fosters a spirit of cooperation, teamwork and motivation within the Software Development team.
- Scale software team through growth and attract top talent in the field.
- At least 2 years managing technical teams, including remote team members.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in implementing software development infrastructure and a standard of quality for shipping a great product.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with experience interacting with technical, non-technical, professional and executive levels.
- Ability to foster collaborative, high performance and inclusive teams where people are empowered to do their best work.
- Ability to understand the business goals and create a technical vision for a complex problem area.
- An entrepreneurial, strategic thinker with the ability to move and act at the operational and tactical levels when required.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for software, growing great teams and attracting top talent.
- A strong understanding of software lifecycle and product management methodologies.
- Experience building scalable cloud-based software applications in the Healthcare industry or Biotech
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD027 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.