Are you a machine learning / artificial intelligence scientist interested in contemporary challenges in genomics-based cancer care? Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the fields of cancer genomics, molecular diagnostics and bioinformatics. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools and cloud-based end-to-end bioinformatics and clinical reporting solutions to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
We are seeking scientists to accelerate data-driven research, accelerating advances in liquid biopsy and large scale patient population analyses. Join us and complement our team of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists and pathologists contributing industry-leading platforms for global deployment of personalized medicine for cancer patients.
We are seeking individuals who are
- Science-focused with a track record of applying and/or developing analytical techniques for large scale datasets
- Attracted to quantitatively driven solutions and conclusions
- Interested in methodology for the analysis of genomics
- A strong communicator and collaborator with a team-oriented mindset required to effectively collaborate with clinicians, biologists and engineers
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment and adapt to occasional shifts in priorities
- Masters or Ph.D. in machine learning, AI, computer science, statistics, data science, bioinformatics, engineering or equivalent
- Expert understanding of contemporary computational techniques such as deep learning & convolutional neural networks, Bayesian approaches, probabilistic graphical models, computational statistics, elementary statistics
- (Desired) experience: genomic analysis, clinical and health data analysis, natural language processing
- Specific skill sets: ScikitLearn, TensorFlow, PyTorch or similar
- Experience with OOP and Python (desirable) or other coding languages
- Experience: NGS data, genomic analysis, clinical data analysis experience in cloud computing environments (desirable)
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD030 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.