Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A Laboratory Technician position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing assays widely available to patients across the globe. The Contextual Genomics laboratory is a CAP/CLIA and DAP accredited laboratory where we perform clinical testing, as well as develop and distribute molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
The Laboratory Technologist will work in a team to perform routine clinical analysis of specimens using our tissue-based FIND IT assay or our liquid biopsy blood-based FOLLOW IT assay. This will include procedures including sample accessioning, nucleic acid extraction, multiplex polymerase chain reaction (PCR), next-generation sequencing (NGS), and other molecular procedures, as well as related laboratory duties including operating and maintaining equipment, maintaining supplies and data management. The Laboratory Technologist is a full-time position and will be based at our laboratory on the UBC campus.
- Bachelor’s degree; and
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS); or
- Master’s Degree in molecular biology or pathology and laboratory medicine; and
- Two or more years experience in a molecular biology/pathology laboratory performing procedures such as sample accessioning, nucleic acid extraction, PCR, Real-Time PCR, digital PCR, and next-generation sequencing according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adheres to strict quality control and quality assurance measures according to DAP, CAP/CLIA recommendations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to write and review SOPs and other documentation as needed
- Prepares reagents, standards and quality control materials to be used for test procedures
- Performs data entry, data retrieval and prepares laboratory worksheets and reports. Enters daily workload statistics into the laboratory information system
- Maintains a safe work environment by following established safe work practices and using personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced clinical team environment with quick testing turnaround times
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in a DAP or CAP/CLIA accredited laboratory
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD011 in the header.
We thank all applicants, however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.