LABORATORY SCIENTIST, ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
Join Contextual Genomics: a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics, molecular diagnostics and bioinformatics. A position for a Laboratory Scientist, Assay Development is available immediately to join this exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing assays widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute molecular tools and cloud-based end-to-end bioinformatics and clinical reporting solutions to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer. We welcome enthusiastic and talented scientists wishing to contribute their high-level assay design expertise to improving global cancer care.
The Laboratory Scientist, Assay Development will become an integral part of an innovative team leading the design and development of cancer genomic assays, including tissue-based assays and blood-based liquid biopsy assays. The Laboratory Scientist, Assay Development will have design and development experience in genomic methodologies including targeted amplicons panels, and whole-genome sequencing using next-generation sequencing (NGS) platforms (Illumina, Oxford Nanopore, etc). The Laboratory Scientist will be an integral part of developing and leading new ideas for assay development, experimental design, executing experiments, training laboratory staff, writing SOPs and standardized documentation for clinical accreditation. The Laboratory Scientist, Assay Development will develop the internal collaborations between experts in computational biology, bioinformatics, software development, and quality assurance to ensure timely development of the highest quality products. The Laboratory Scientist, Assay Development will assume project leadership for laboratory development of new assay products and will report to the Senior Manager, Assay Development.
- PhD in a relevant field (molecular biology, pathology and laboratory medicine, genomics)
- 3-5 years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience
- Strong understanding and experience in molecular biology and assay development using NGS technology; targeted panels, WES, WGS, etc
- Highly motivated and driven to bring innovative ideas and problem solving to assay development and optimization
- Experience in the development and optimization of multiplex PCR assays
- Experience with Illumina and Oxford Nanopore NGS technology
- Ability to lead, design and implement experiments for assay development and improvements
- Ability to adhere to high-quality documentation standards
- Ability to present and communicate scientific results and analysis
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced industry environment with the ability to easily adapt to change
- Works with a sense of urgency with high-quality standards
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Experience in product development
- Experience with digital droplet PCR and qPCR
- Clinical laboratory experience
- Experience in the cancer field
- Bioinformatics experience and training
- Strong publication record
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD012 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.