Join Contextual Genomics, a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics, molecular diagnostics and bioinformatics. A position for a Laboratory Assistant is available immediately to join this exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing assays widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools and cloud-based end-to-end bioinformatics and clinical reporting solutions to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer. We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Laboratory Assistant wishing to contribute their talents and expertise to our team.
This position works under general supervision to perform duties related to laboratory support, including receiving patient samples for testing, accessioning, processing blood, shipping and
receiving, laboratory inventory, and other general laboratory duties. In this position, the Laboratory Assistant will utilize the Company’s Laboratory Information systems and related database systems to enter data, generate sample collection lists and reports, etc. The Laboratory Assistant will provide general administrative support to other Laboratory personnel, including answering telephones, filing and distribution of materials as required.
Example of Duties/Accountabilities:
● Receives test requisition(s) to confirm information, and enters all information into a Laboratory Information system, prints sample labels, and tracks all incoming samples.
● May be expected to receive patient blood samples and undertake appropriate blood processing procedure.
● Performs daily, weekly and monthly duties of temperature, equipment checks, reagent aliquoting, and cleaning duties.
● Maintains sufficient levels of all laboratory inventory according to predetermined levels, including identifies depleted items, completes internal requisitions to order replacement items, verifies receipt of items by comparing received order to purchase order and stocks shelves.
● Responsible for ordering laboratory reagents.
● Assists in keeping clinical workflow documentation and organization of other documentation.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12 and successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
● Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to deal with others effectively.
● Well organized and excellent attention to detail.
● Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
● Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
● Ability to operate related equipment.
● Desire to succeed.
● Ability to multitask.
● Eligible to work in Canada.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD004 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.