Contextual Genomics is leading the shift in precision oncology towards better access to high quality and affordable genomic testing worldwide. We create proprietary assays and bioinformatics platforms to deliver end-to-end, clinically actionable, clinical-grade (CAP, CLIA validated) and cost-effective solutions to clinical laboratories that harness the genomic data of cancer patients to improve patient diagnosis and present expanded treatment options to oncologists and patients. Our software is an integral part of our offering.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer, Systems Developer or a Systems Administrator with a penchant for automation to join our growing team.
You will bring your skills and knowledge to provide the tooling and infrastructure for our various software products towards the goal of improving diagnostics in oncology.
We are looking to deliver quality software by increasing our DevOps maturity.
You will collaborate closely with the rest of the Software Development Team, both internal and external clients to build and manage CI/CD software development and test infrastructure as well as customer systems deployed in both cloud and on-premise environments.
We are looking for someone to hit the ground running and make an impact on the success of our team.
You will have demonstrated experience with Linux, AWS, network, and application security, system automation tooling such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, programming skills in Python and Bash, monitoring and dashboarding tools and you will be a collaborative team member.
- Design, build and maintain an automated software development infrastructure, inclusive of source control, build servers, artefact repositories, as well as multiple test and deployment environments, to achieve repeatable, reliable releasing.
- Design processes and tools to manage multiple AWS instances for internal development and external customer releases.
- Implement policies, procedures and tooling to ensure the security of all internal and external systems.
- Setup, customize and maintain test environments for both manual and automated testing.
- Setup, customize and maintain the production environment infrastructure and automation.
- Oversee and troubleshoot rollover of the test system to the production system.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with customers and the development team to streamline code deployment and issue resolution.
- Create and maintain documentation as required for maintenance and rollout of deliverables.
- Manage requests submitted to Customer Support and triage or resolve as appropriate.
- Document problems and communicate with the teams regarding support tickets.
- Handle code deployments in all environments.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve process and development delivery.
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
- Follow the best industry practices and procedures established by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of concepts and tools used in modern continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructures
- Extensive experience with Amazon’s AWS cloud environment
- Extensive experience with the configuration, administration, optimizing and monitoring of Linux, including Bash scripting
- Expertise with Scrum, JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Splunk, Nagios, CloudFormation, Terraform, CloudWatch, or equivalents
- Experience with SQL databases including administration
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure and routing
- Experience with Python scripting or equivalent scripting languages
- Knowledge of VM setup, management and infrastructure
- Experience in developing system documentation
- Experience with IT support ticketing management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The team focused and able to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD028 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.