Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A Collaboration Study Coordinator position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
In the Collaboration Study Coordinator, Contextual Genomics is looking for a dependable and enthusiastic individual to identify and implement research and development collaborations for the company, including relationships for the acquisition of study samples. The Collaboration Study Coordinator will be an integral member of the research and development and business teams and will make a significant impact on the progress of corporate, research and validation projects.
- Identifies, negotiates, implements and maintains research and development and clinical collaborations, relationships and sample exchange programs with research organizations, clinical sites, partners, clients, vendors and other third-party collaborators.
- Liaises with research organizations, clinical sites, partners, clients, vendors and other third-party collaborators with key responsibility to organize, supervise and otherwise monitor research and development collaborations (including attaining or ensuring appropriate ethics approvals are in place) and ensuring the acquisition of study and other samples in a timely manner.
- Confirms proper shipment conditions and delivery, communicates any discrepancies or shipment non-conformities to related individuals (including clinical sites and/or clients/collaborators).
- Notifies the laboratory and scientific teams of the incoming samples, their delivery/arrival status, and assists with sample tracking and accessioning
- Ensures that sample documentation is compliant with applicable clinical guidelines, such as CAP.
- Writes proposals, protocols and reports required by collaborations, including final reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Previous experience in (i) negotiation and implementation of collaborative relationships (including Material Transfer Agreements and Sample Exchange Agreements) in the research field, and (ii) clinical or research fields.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Positive, professional attitude and ability to take initiative.
- Experience with histopathology procedures will be considered an asset.
- Experience in a clinical CAP-accredited laboratory would be considered an asset
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD023 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.