Contextual Genomics Inc.
Suite 204 – 2389 Health Sciences Mall
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6T 1Z3
Job Location: Suite 204 – 2389 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6T 1Z3.
Join Contextual Genomics, a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, British Columbia, built by world experts in the fields of cancer genomics, molecular diagnostics and bioinformatics. A position is available immediately to join this exciting and growing company, which makes next-generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools and cloud-based end-to-end bioinformatics and clinical reporting solutions to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer. We welcome enthusiastic and talented scientists wishing to contribute their high-level computational expertise to improving global cancer care.
The Computational Scientist will help lead the bioinformatics research and development program and will be expected to design and develop software and methodologies to perform algorithmic and statistical analyses on genomic sequencing data using leading-edge DNA sequencing technologies and computational methods. The Computational Scientist will develop, manage and document genome sequencing data analysis pipelines and other algorithms and statistical models. The Computational Scientist will work under minimum supervision and will report to the Chief Informatics Officer.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time, permanent position based on a 40-hour work week. The position is not eligible for overtime and includes 15 days of paid vacation per year, plus statutory holidays. The following remuneration will be provided: (i) annual salary of $105,000; (ii) company benefits including (A) health and dental plans, and (B) AD&D, Life and LTD insurance coverage; and (iii) eligibility to participate in the company’s stock option plan. This position is eligible for potential salary increases in excess of 2% annually.
The language of Work: English.
- PhD in computer science, statistics, bioinformatics or computational biology and undergraduate or graduate degree in mathematics or applied mathematics.
- A minimum of five years of experience in bioinformatics, advanced level genomic and/or next-generation sequencing analysis.
- A minimum of five years of experience in research and development of bioinformatics algorithms.
- A minimum of one year of experience in combinatorial optimization and machine learning.
- A minimum of five years of experience with Python and high-throughput computing.
- Strong publication record including a minimum of five or more first author publications in relevant peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as evidenced by conference presentations and/or teaching commitments.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to HR@contextualgenomics.com with job code: JD013 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.