Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A Manager, Business Development, the position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. Contextual Genomics develops and distributes state-of-the-art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
In the Business Development Manager, Contextual Genomics is looking for a highly motivated, reliable individual to support the Company’s Management team in the development and implementation of the Company’s business development plans. The incumbent will work closely with the existing Contextual team and will be responsible for (i) research and evaluation of appropriate target market segments for Company business relationships; (ii) research, evaluation and implementation of opportunities for Company business growth, including potential distribution partners, commercial alliances, licensing relationships, geographic expansions and joint ventures; and (iii) continuous monitoring of markets to track competitor developments and their impact on the Company’s business.
- Support Company management in the development of the Company’s business development plans.
- Supporting role in the execution of the Company’s business development plans.
- Coordination of activities related to business development opportunities with potential partners and with internal Company members (including R&D, marketing, operations, finance and legal).
- Collect and analyse the market and financial data and develop financial forecasts for all proposed business opportunities, including underlying assumptions.
- Manage the annual business development budget.
- Conduct market and product research and analysis to identify potential partnerships with laboratory, pharmaceutical, oncology and related industry organizations.
- Continuous monitoring of current and emerging technologies in the Company’s product space as (i) targets for potential business partnerships, in-licensing or acquisition, and/or (ii) as part of the Company’s competitive analyses.
- In collaboration with Company management, solicit interest and pitch Company products and capabilities, competencies and offerings to potential new partners.
- Working with finance, facilitate the development of deal-specific work plans and create key financial terms and budgets for potential new partnerships.
- Lead due diligence efforts and support negotiations and completion of legal documentation to establish partnership relationships and drive the deal process to a successful conclusion.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Requirements (includes educational, professional and occupational qualifications and experience):
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or degree in a Life Sciences discipline with equivalent experience working in business development, licensing or corporate development for a related industry organization.
- Solid research, financial modelling and computer skills, including fluency with the MS Office Suite.
- Minimum of two-three years’ experience in a business role (establishing partnering, licensing or other business relationships) in the diagnostics, pharma, medical device or a related industry.
- Skills and expertise within the precision medicine space, g., diagnostics and targeted therapies.
- Significant deal sourcing and analysis experience, with prior responsibilities identifying and analysing complex business relationships, is essential.
- Some deal-making experience, with prior responsibilities negotiating complex business relationships, is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the evaluation and protection of intellectual property, know-how, patents and proprietary information is beneficial.
- Proficiency in reviewing and drafting legal agreements an asset.
The ideal candidate for this Manager, Business Development, the position will also possess the following competencies:
- Analytical, able to extract and compile voluminous technical, market and financial data and construct financial models and business case recommendations.
- Strong writing skills demonstrating clarity, accuracy and succinctness.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and oral), required to effectively communicate with all levels of potential and current partners and internal colleagues.
- Highly professional presentation skills.
- Solid negotiating skills related to commercial, financial and legal issues.
- Proactive, able to work with minimal direction.
- Goal oriented with the drive for self-directed accomplishments.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
- The desire to succeed.
- Detail orientated.
- Able to multi-task.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD-021 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.