Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A Systems Administrator position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
In the Systems Administrator, Contextual Genomics is looking for a highly motivated reliable individual who will be responsible for supporting (ensuring) the effectiveness of the Company’s day to day IT operations, as well as supporting the IT systems required by the Company’s partners to offer the Company’s products and services.
- Manage the administration and setup of Windows Server 2012 in the role of domain controller and file server.
- Manage the configuration and operation of Windows 7 and 10 workstations.
- Administer networking infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, wifi as well as malware protection software and other processes.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users encounter.
- Monitor the systems daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Create and verify data backups.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Review application logs.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- MCSE / MCSA Certification for Windows server or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ proven experience as a Windows Server Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience supporting and/or working with Windows 7 or higher.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting networking.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Experience with computer system management systems such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or ZENworks.
- Provides system analysis and participates in making recommendations on potential hardware and software purchases and upgrades.
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language a plus.
- Experience with configuring and supporting virtual environments such as XEN, KVM, VirtualBox a plus.
- Experience supporting Mac and Linux a plus.
The ideal candidate for this Systems Administrator position will also possess the following competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective English oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis.
- Self-starter willing to take ownership of projects and system configurations.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams.
- Well organized with outstanding follow-through and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Sound analytical skills, excellent judgement and decision-making abilities with a goal-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
- Desire to succeed.
- Able to multitask.
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at: http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: JD020 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.