Join Contextual Genomics: a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer. The Software Developer will contribute to this endeavour by designing and implementing part(s) of a full-stack data science platform for cancer genomics. This will entail developing robust, efficient and fault tolerant software within a Linux environment on cloud computing platforms across the spectrum of analytic workflows, visual analytics, databases and user interfaces. The Software Developer will work with senior software developers as well as database developers, bioinformaticians, clinical geneticists and laboratory personnel in a fully integrated team environment.
The ideal candidate is an expert in python development and possess experience in the following:
- working in linux environments
- OOP and debugging
- relational and noSQL databases and queries
- unit testing and validation
- Experience developing scientific computing/analytics applications
- Familiarity with scientific computing environments (implementation of algorithms and
- Familiarity with data science software stacks
- A degree in computer science or relevant discipline
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at: http://contextualgenomics.com
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD010 in the header.