Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A Software Quality Assurance Tester position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next-generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the-art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
In the Software Quality Assurance Tester, Contextual Genomics is looking for a highly motivated reliable individual who will be responsible for helping build a quality product by developing, reviewing and executing test cases. This role must review and interpret development notes, communicate deviations from the original software requirements and update specifications accordingly. This role will work very closely with the Company’s software developers, bioinformaticians, scientists, product experts and partners.
- Develop and execute test scenarios based on software specifications.
- Test changes to the software, ensuring that minimal software defects are introduced that would impact our customers.
- Identify defects and document them clearly for developers to address efficiently.
- Prioritize defects to enable developers to focus on the most important items.
- Clearly, document testing notes.
- Use SQL and other database knowledge to troubleshoot application issues and to ensure that data from testing efforts is accurately reflected in the database.
- Work with stakeholders to determine expectations of a particular feature in an efficient manner.
- Provide input related to testing environments and prepare test cases, databases and environments for testing.
- Organize and/or participate in bug bashes and analyze the results.
- Coordinate integration testing efforts.
- Provide input and/or participate in the creation of automated software tests.
Education (includes occupational / professional qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Technical knowledge of programming language Python.
- 2 years’ experience in a software testing / QA role.
- Solid technical writing skills.
The ideal candidate for this Software Quality Assurance Tester position will also possess the following competencies:
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams.
- Well organized with outstanding follow-through and tremendous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent software releases.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Sound analytical skills, excellent judgement and decision-making abilities with a goal-oriented attitude.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across all parts of and participants in the business.
- Experience in client service or other people-oriented fields desired.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
- The desire to succeed.
- Able to multitask.
- Company’s Vancouver area office.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at http://contextualgenomics.com.
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD017 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.