Join Contextual Genomics: a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics, molecular diagnostics and bioinformatics. A position for a part-time In-House Lawyer (2-3 days per week) is available immediately to join this exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the art molecular tools and cloud-based end-to-end bioinformatics and clinical reporting solutions to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Lawyer wishing to contribute their legal expertise to our team.
The In-House Lawyer will provide legal support for the Company, including (i) management of contractual documents that establish business relationships for the Company, and (ii) review of contractual documents for the protection of the Company and adherence to legal and business requirements. The incumbent will advise and work with all levels in the Company.
- Negotiate, structure, draft, review and execute all level of contracts for the Company, including confidentiality agreements, licenses, intellectual property agreements, material transfer agreements, collaborative research agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements, leasing arrangements and vendor contracts.
- Support governance role in the Company, including drafting corporate policies and minutes and resolutions as required.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Education (includes occupational / professional qualifications):
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university.
- Must be admitted to the British Columbia bar.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency with the MS Office Suite.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Must have at least 4 years of corporate legal experience gained in law firm and/or in-house with a company.
- Proficiency in reviewing and drafting intellectual property licenses and commercial contracts.
The ideal candidate for this position will also possess the following competencies:
- Strong negotiating skills, with a solid understanding of legal, financial and commercial issues and ability to see mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strong plain language drafting skills, demonstrating a full understanding of legal, financial and commercial issues.
- Sound analytical skills, excellent judgement and decision-making abilities with a solutions-oriented attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels within and outside the Company.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within and outside the Company.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment.
- Desire to succeed.
- Able to multi task.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at: http://contextualgenomics.com
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to HR@contextualgenomics.com with job code: JD018 in the header.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.