Contextual Genomics is a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. An Administrative Assistant (Junior) position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer.
In the Administrative Assistant (Junior), Contextual Genomics is looking for a dependable and enthusiastic individual to provide administrative support to the Company’s office and laboratory operations.
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff.
- General office duties such as preparation and flow of correspondence, filing, photocopying, faxing, word processing, data entry, presentations, etc.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail, including courier services for the office and laboratory.
- Schedule company travel and meetings.
- Manage and co-ordinate Executive and Board of Directors’ calendars.
- Maintain file system for Company and departmental records according to the Company Document Control System (filing all documents, organizing and archiving old records, creating new files, etc.).
- Make sure the office is kept in orderly and clean fashion.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Education (includes occupational / professional qualifications):
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized training in specific aspects of job functions and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks.
- One-year administrative experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate for this Administrative Assistant (Junior) position will also possess the following competencies:
- Communication – Able to listen and respond efficiently, effectively and appropriately to internal and external parties.
- Reliability – Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Teamwork – Demonstrates a professional and pleasant attitude towards co-workers and external parties and is able to collaborate with others to produce efficient, effective and appropriate results.
- Judgement and Decision Making – Able to weigh alternatives and make economic decisions that incorporate appropriate factors.
- Multi-task – Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and reliably.
- Precision – Demonstrates great attention to detail
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at: http://contextualgenomics.com
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with job code: JD016 in the header.