Join Contextual Genomics: a leading Canadian genomics company based in Vancouver, BC, built by world experts in the field of cancer genomics. A position is available immediately to join an exciting and growing commercial enterprise which makes next generation cancer sequencing diagnostics widely available to patients across the globe. We develop and distribute state-of-the art molecular tools to inform patients and their oncologists of optimal treatment strategies for their cancer. The Software Developer will contribute to this endeavour by designing and implementing part(s) of a full-stack data science platform for cancer genomics. This will entail developing robust, efficient and fault tolerant software within a Linux environment on cloud computing platforms across the spectrum of analytic workflows, visual analytics, databases and user interfaces. The Software Developer will work with senior software developers as well as database developers, bioinformaticians, clinical geneticists and wet-lab personnel in a fully integrated team environment.
- 3+ yrs in a commercial software development environment
- expert in python development
- 3+ yrs working in linux environments
- experienced in OOP and debugging
- 3+ yrs experience with relational and noSQL databases and queries
- experienced with unit testing and validation
- experienced with cloud computing environments such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
- experience with git
- experience with web app deployment
Desired experience but not essential:
- Experience developing scientific computing/analytics applications
- Familiarity with scientific computing environments (implementation of algorithms and statistical models)
- Familiarity with data science software stacks
- A degree in computer science or relevant discipline.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
More information on Contextual Genomics can be found at: http://contextualgenomics.com
To apply for this position: email CV and cover letter to email@example.com with job code: CG-JD 3004 in the header.